I’ve been meaning to try Fabletics for quite some time now. I always feel the need for new yoga clothes since I teach it three times per week. I decided to do a Fabletics review, because I’m tired of paying the high cost of Lululemon or having cheaper clothes wear out. Fabletics interested me with their cute colors and great offer of 2 pairs of leggings for $24. I was impressed with the website, but a bit confused about the process, so I thought I’d start with how the whole thing works.
How does Fabletics Work?
Fabletics prides itself on high quality workout gear at a reasonable price. They make this happen by utilizing a membership or subscription program. Members get 50% off retail prices, free shipping on orders over $49, periodic special sales, and earn reward points for free gear. You can sign-in to their website and shop without becoming a member, but if you want the great prices, you have to enroll in the Fabletics VIP membership program.
Once you are a member, they send a monthly email with brand new styles. Although they give you a hand-picked list, you can shop for anything you want. If you don’t choose to buy that month, you have to skip by the 6th otherwise they will charge you $49 to use toward a future purchase. The good news is that they give you warnings, so it’s not too hard to skip in time. The best news, is your first membership order is a whopping good deal. I ordered an outfit (leggings and top) for $19 plus two pairs of leggings for $24. That’s $45 for three workout bottoms and one top – pretty amazing! Since it was such a good deal, I was a little worried about the quality, but that was an unfounded fear.
My review – Fabletics Pros and Cons
- Quality. I was seriously impressed with the quality of my purchases. I have been a long-time lover of Lululemon – the styles are cute and the quality is fantastic; however, you have to take out a second mortgage to buy it regularly. Fabletics has much better pricing, really cute styles, and they seem to be of great quality. When I put my new high-waisted power hold leggings on, I was in heaven. I honestly do not have a more comfortable pair of leggings and they didn’t have to be adjusted while I was working out – amazing! The white Salar capris caused some hesitation, but I couldn’t resist the fun pattern. Have no fear, they are thick enough to cover.
- Fit. As I said, they were seriously comfortable and fit well in terms of staying put while working out. Another aspect of the fit that I loved was the length. I am 5’8″ with long legs yet full length leggings often bunch up at the bottom and I hate that. If I buy capri leggings, then I usually find that they are too short and look dorky. I decided to try the 7/8 legging and the capri leggings for Fabletics and I wasn’t disappointed. The 7/8 leggings were the absolute perfect length on me – right above my ankle. The capris were actually capris on me hitting a few inches above my ankle.
- Style. There were so many cute styles to choose from on their website with lots of modern cuts and patterns. You could choose workout gear by type or by sport. The $19 outfit I got had a fun blue and yellow patterned print legging and a top that included an interesting mesh portion. Every time I wear my fun leggings I get a ton of compliments. They also had amazing colors, which of course is a must for me, the color lady!
- Membership. I hate getting emails and I hate having subscriptions and Fabletics has both. Although it would be nice if they made the VIP pricing available to anyone, that’s just not their business model. I do have to say, at least they’re nice about it and send you warnings.
- Sizing. I think they run a bit large, but maybe that’s me being used to Lululemon where I wear a size 4 or a small. I ordered a small and wish I had ordered an x-small. This actually isn’t Fabletics fault though as I should have looked at the sizing chart which clearly indicated that I should have bought x-small. Many reviews also indicated that the tops run a bit large.
- Returns. They do accept returns and reviews say it’s pretty easy; however, I was not able to return my too big top, because I had taken the tags off. The tags are clearly labeled, so again, this is my fault. I also should have read the reviews on my top as I would have known that it’s not the best top for yoga as it’s a little too boobalicious.
Do the Pros outweigh the Cons?
For me, I decided that they do. Although I don’t love a membership option, it’s a small price to pay for great pieces and a low cost. After my personal color analysis, I changed out most of my closet but didn’t worry about my workout clothes. In wearing my new fun colors, I realize that color always matters. When wearing the right colors, I feel more energized when working out and it’s made me realize that I need to slowly replace many of my old pieces. My plan is to skip every month unless I see something I love that will enhance my workout wardrobe.
Have you tried Fabletics? I’d love to hear what you think about them in the comments.
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own and I’m a proud owner of all products bought on my own accord and without any discounts.